Status: Full-time, Permanent Position | Location: Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
Report To: Receiving and Inventory Replenishment Manager | Service: Warehouse
Reporting to the Receiving and Inventory Replenishment Manager, the Returns Technician ensures that returned merchandise is properly inspected, managed and documented.
You must have work boots and be able to perform repetitive tasks. In addition, you must have good physical endurance to be able to regularly move merchandise weighing approximately 60 lbs.
In order to process returns properly, the technician must sometimes disassemble and diagnose tires and wheels according to the company's standards.
Will perform other related duties as requested by their immediate superior, all in accordance with internal procedures and rules.
TASKS RELATED TO THE FUNCTION
Returning merchandise | 90%
- Responsible for inspecting all returns.
- Ensure all items are in perfect condition before returning to stock.
- Return all good merchandise to inventory.
- Return all accessories to stores.
- Maintain a report on returns.
- Replace packaging if damaged.
- Maintain inventory of boxes and wheels.
- Responsible for promotional items.
- Make posters, labels and stickers.
- Support the shipping and/or receiving department when required.
- Perform duties in a location with varying temperatures.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and policies.
Administration | 5%
- Participate in the annual inventory.
Health & Safety | 5%
- Be compliant with the standards and business procedures as well as enforcing the health and safety laws.
- Ensure that work areas and equipment are kept clean and organized at all times.
BEHAVIOUR RELATED TO FUNCTION
- Demonstrate rigorousness and thoroughness.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, reliability, integrity, cooperation and self-control.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills, based on respect, diplomacy and discernment.
- Demonstrate a positive work attitude, even more so in a difficult situation, by maintaining calm and being stress resistant.
- Demonstrate a good sense of planning and organization of work.
ACADEMIC ASPECTS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or vocational training.
- Minimum of one year experience in a similar position.
- Functional knowledge of French and English.
- Basic knowledge of MS office suite.
- To have good physical endurance, be able to move goods that are 60 lbs. and over.
- Have work boots would be essential.
- Forklift license would be an asset.