Status: Full-time, Permanent Position | Location: Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
Report To: Inventory Replenishment Manager | Service: Warehouse
Reporting to the Inventory Replenishment Manager, the receiver ensures that products are received, placed in inventory, and processed in a timely manner. The receiver ensures that parts and materials are properly distributed and placed in the right areas to meet internal and external customer requirements.
The receiver will perform other related duties as requested by his immediate superior, all in accordance with internal procedures and policies.
TASKS RELATED TO FUNCTION
Receiving merchandise | 75%
- Unload, sort and move goods by hand or with handling equipment.
- Review the content of the loads to see if they match the records and verify the accuracy.
- Ensure that all goods are properly placed in the warehouse.
- Ensure the replenishment of products.
Inventory Management | 20%
- Validate inventory availability with the use of computer tools & software.
- Transmit information to the order picker/packers to ensure the replenishment of bins
- Perform cycle counting according to company procedures.
Health and Safety | 5%
- Be compliant with the standards and business procedures as well as enforcing the health and safety laws.
- Ensure that work areas and equipment are kept clean and always organized.
BEHAVIOURS RELATED TO THE FUNCTION
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, and excellent ability of interpersonal communication, based on respect, diplomacy, and discernment.
- Excellent attitude to embrace change and contribute to improving procedures and work environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, reliability, integrity, cooperation, and self-control.
- Demonstrate a good sense of planning and organization of work.
ACADEMIC ASPECTS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or vocational training.
- Intermediate knowledge in either French or English.
- Steel toes boots is a must.
- To be in good physical condition (standing and crouching work).
- Permit to drive an order picker and/or reach is an asset.
- Reach truck experience is a must.
- Able to work in an environment where the temperature varies.
- To be able to lift and carry goods that can weigh up to 50 pounds.
- To be able to do repetitive tasks.
- Basic experience with computers is an asset.